LF: Re: Re: Re: Vertical grounded tower for LF antenna.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: Vertical grounded tower for LF antenna.
From: "Giulio Scaroni" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 06:35:34 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Many thanks to all the LFers for the suggestions, i'm find a sistem that do
not need to put long wire everywere around the tower, and a sistem that work
well without many check, climb a tower of 80 meters, with the last 10 meters
outside of the tower is not simple, and any operations that a ground level
are simple, at that eight  are really hard!! hi hi.
So for now thanks again, and soon i'll try something for replace the simple
vertical wire that i'm using now.
73 to all and see you from my home qth in Brescia in qrss 137.7, and may be
on saturday from the tower.
Giulio.

Giulio Scaroni wrote:
  But wich may be the best sistem on this tower for LF, is possible to
feed
directly it, may be at the top?
  Any idea??

G3AQC replied:
  I don't think there is any way to excite the tower
directly..............

There is a way to excite a grounded antenna directly, that is to use a
gamma
match. Connect one leg of the feeder to the earth point, and the other a
few
metres up the mast - the higher, the better. Match this low impedance to
your Tx with a transformer. Simple but effective.

Mike, G3XDV

[temporarily off the air whilst finding a job is occupying much of my
time -
but still watching the e-mails]