LF: HELL Tests on 137.400 kHz no success

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: HELL Tests on 137.400 kHz no success
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:03:53 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Uwe, Dave, Jim and the others,

Uwe, thanks for the nice reception report. Just finished a brief test with
Dave, G3YXM that clearly showed that HELL is not the ultimate mode for weak
signal LF operation, at least not the usual HELL modes (Feldhell, PSK-Hell,
FM-Hell). Despite the fact that I was able to clearly read Dave's signal in
CW about 539, there were only very weak traces of characters to be seen.
Maybe Slowfeld with much lower baud rate would have helped. We will try
this another time.

When the signal is strong enough the signal is clearly readable as Uwe's
picture has shown, and Dave was copied by Jim, M0BMU, too.
Thanks for the test and vy 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)