LF: Re. GPS Coherant PSK Transmission

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re. GPS Coherant PSK Transmission
From: "Laurie Mayhead" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:12:27 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All,
As Dave says activity on 136 is at an all time low (on 73 its non-existant)and all this at a time when we have developed our equipment and techniques so that communication is much better than it was a year ago.Much of this lack of activity is due to the carping that has been going on over the past year.I myself have been criticised on many occasions,yet the source of this criticism is now very pleased with himself to have made it across the Atlantic.Some of us are more sensitive to criticism than others especially when it is un-constructive. Surely we can co-operate with each other and if there is a good reason why a "Gentlemans agreement " should be broken as in Andys case and as there was some time ago when Peter operated QRSS in the CW part of the band, then we ought to understand this.
It is blatant uncaring stamping on other people and un-warranted criticism that has driven people off the band.
Lets live together and enjoy LF even if we don't understand  or care for another mode of operation. We've come a long way in the past year lets continue to experiment and progress, after all thats what Amateur radio is all about.
Happy New Year.   73s Laurie