LF: Re: Questions about Jason.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Questions about Jason.
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 17:51:26 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
"Paul A. Cianciolo" wrote:

 Alberto and group,

What happens to JASON when he has a screen full of data?

Does it scroll off the page?..
Can it be recovered?

Paul,
 the text scrolls up outside the top of the screen, and, no, it
cannot be recovered.

JASON looks like it will print out at about a letter ever 10 seconds or so.

The timing is a letter every 24 seconds (roughly), for a throughput
of  2.5 characters per minute

Alberto,,  will there be a version of this program with longer segment
length to allow for longer integration of the signal ?

Yes, it can be done, as it can be done a faster version for HF and up...
Whether there actually will be such a version, it's a bit too early to say.

Also might you explain to us how much faster in character speed this mode is
than QRSS 60?

Rik ON7YD is much expert than me in QRSS speed calculations, but let's try :
suppose I want to send   CQ DE I2PHD
Unless my computation is wrong, that amounts to a total of 106 dot lengths,
so the time needed is the following :
QRSS3     106 x 3   = 318 seconds, i.e.   5 minutes, 18 seconds
QRSS10   106 x 10 = 1060 seconds, i.e. 17 minutes, 40 seconds
QRSS60   106 x 60 = 6360 seconds, i.e. 1 hour, 46 minutes
Jason         12 characters / 2.5  =  4 minutes, 48 seconds

I leave to Rik the computation for DFCW...

73  Alberto  I2PHD