LF: Re: Re: Jason Tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Jason Tests
From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 08:57:43 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Jim,

Many thanks for the reports on the Jason beacon sigs last night from
OE5EEP, SM6LKM, I2PHD, IK2PII, CT1DRP, and to anyone else who was
listening
. I started late, about 2015, after having trouble putting my antenna
p  -
but it went up in the end, so the ERP last night would have been close to
1W. I transmitted on 135.910 from about 2015 - 2120, and on 135.990 from
2300 - 0210. I transmitted the CW ID just by keying the TX on and off,
without interrupting the Jason frequency shifts - provided the ID is
fairly
short, this did not seem to corrupt the Jason signal much, and the shifts
of a few Hz makes little difference to the CW note.

I did try 135.990 from 2300 to 0000 last night, but had no luck.

John Andrews, W1TAG