LF: Re: Jason Tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Jason Tests
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:33:47 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dexter McIntyre W4DEX wrote:

Lyle, KØLR, made some test comparing JASON with other modes.  Here is
his initial results:

 Turns out that my Pentium 233 MHz "ham" computer requires the

slow mode setting (Jason won't run on my 900
MHz Pentium III). After switching to slow mode, it looked like Jason is
farily solid down to -30 dB, and gives partial copy at -33 dB..

It would be interesting if the same comparison could be done using a PC
with Jason in "normal" mode. The  "slow" mode is a compromise, sort of,
where some statistic gatherings are traded of for a reduced CPU useage.
This could change the day I will stop computing a 2^17 points FFT ten
times per second, in favour of a zero-IF approach, as Johan Bodin
suggested in a private note. After all, Jason needs to keep his eyes only
on a few Hz of band...
But, as I told to Johan, I was too eager (and lazy) to release the program,
and I had some routines ready in my "software junkbox"...

73  Alberto  I2PHD