LF: Sigs from G3JKV and OH1TN

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Sigs from G3JKV and OH1TN
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:37:56 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

I copied G3JKV's 2W Jason beacon signal without problems last night - The signal was S6 here, so no great difficulty!

After that, I had a CW QSO with OH1TN. Reino remarked that he had been trying out different modes including PSK31 and Jason. A little later, I was playing around with the "Digimode terminal" part of DL4YHF's Spectrum Lab software in PSK31 mode, and was quite surprised to see a CQ call appear on the screen from Reino again (disguised as OH5UFO this time) - my RX just happened to be on the right frequency. So we had a CW/PSK31 cross-mode QSO, with good copy both ways.

Reino also spent some time transmitting a Jason beacon signal around 135.8something; however, I was unable to copy it due to the amount of drift - the drift could clearly be seen on individual dots in the waterfall display - so no usable results here.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU