Re: LF: Re: AW: Strange signal on 135 kHz...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: AW: Strange signal on 135 kHz...
From: "jannsen" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:55:19 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Marco Bruno schrieb:

The interfering station will be different for every listener, since it
depends on the geometry of the phenomenon... it was widely
discussed on this reflector at the origins (three years ago...?)
when we were not sure it was Luxembourg effect; at the time
I presumed it was a defective emission from Europe 2 near
Saarbrucken on 183 kHz or so.

The modulation is wide, distorted and lacking high frequencies
because of the thermal time constant of the ionosphere... a curious
thing, that confirms that you are not hearing a spurious emission.
Also, at times more than one station may be received.

I may forward the relevant messages to anyone interested; I
remember a very good explanation by Andre' Kesteloot.

73 - Marco IK1ODO

Hi Marco,
you are right. here in the northerm part of Germany it is the modulation from the DLF on 153kHz. it is daily abt an hour at sun-set ZOA (maybe at dawn too).

Marco, I`m vy interested in that massage from Andre.

regards
Uwe/dj8wx [email protected]