Re: LF: Frequency standards for LF. The next g eneration

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Frequency standards for LF. The next g eneration
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:44:18 -0500
Cc: "PLX \(E-mail\)" <[email protected]>
Sender: <[email protected]>
Andy:

First, my thanks for not choosing a signal reference that is Eurocentric, DCF77, MSF etc. That is appreciated very much.

Clarification. What you have done is taken a crystal 4.1.... MHz, that is in fact 2^22, and made it into a VXO that is locked to the GPS. This 4 +Delta frequency is to be used as a reference for a DDS, say the AD9850.

The end result is a time and frequency coherency traceable to GPS.

I have the 9850 here making BPSK now, so all we would need is to be able to most efficiently demodulate the BPSK to have a most efficiently possible system that should take us a few more dB into the noise. This I am interested in very much.

Fabricating PC boards here is an extreme pain, but if your up to it, please let me have a look to see what would be involved. I will not be transmitting from here for a while, until I can get up the tower and re-string the LF antenna and the new top hat wires.

Larry
VA3LK