LF: Conditions last night

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Conditions last night
From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 09:30:05 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Observations by W4DEX and myself indicate that conditions were excellent at
73 and 180 kHz during the early UTC hours of 6 Dec. We both were hearing HBG
very clearly, and I copied Dex's 177.777 beacon at 0130, unusual for my
location, which is noisy in the evening hours.

This might be a good time to resume the 73 kHz tests, assuming that
conditions continue. I have left my receiver on at home, with the screen
capture running.

On another note, I am fairly certain that CFH operates intermittently on
73.6 kHz. I have heard the signal twice, and it is extremely loud here in
Massachusetts. Operation seems to be in the late UTC hours. Last evening,
there was a dead carrier just below there, 73.575 (I think - Dex can correct
me), around 0200. Again, it was strong in North Carolina, and very hot in
Massachusetts.

John Andrews, W1TAG