LF: new release of QRS (version 3.10)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: new release of QRS (version 3.10)
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 17:46:09
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear,

I have a new release of my QRS software, version 3.10.
Main changes compared to the previous version (3.05) are :

- Possibility to swap the function of the DTR / RTS lines in order to make
 QRS compatible with all kinds of interfaces. (suggestion of G3JKV)

- Possibility to insert a fast CW identification in test mode, this allows
 testing in accordance to national regulations. (suggestion of G3JKV)

- Use of a parallel port (LPT1 or LPT2) as alternative to the serial port,
this allows the use of PC's where all serial ports are occupied by the mouse, TNC etc ... Be aware that the use of the parallel port might not work under Win2000 and up. (suggestion of OM2TW)

- Available COM ports limited to 9 (was 16) for practical reasons.

- Fast CW id. now available at speeds of 6, 9, 12 and 15 WPM. At speeds
of 9 WPM and faster more accurate timing is used. This is resulting in a better CW quality but can also lead to 'gaps' is the soundcard datastream (if DSP receiving software is used simultaniously). Since this will only occur during transmission this will most likely not be harmfull. The 6 WPM speed runs still under the old timing routine and will not interfere with the soundcard datastream.

- Possibility to ommit the 'reduntant' gaps between 2 subsequent dots or dashes. This will result in a very limited increase in data rate, but
 might be worth it at very slow speeds. (suggestion of G3AQC)

QRS version 3.10 has been sent to LWCA, G3YXM and NL9222 and probably will
be ready for download from their pages soon. Alternatively I can send you
the new version per e-mail, please request by mail direct to me (not via
reflector).

73, Rik  ON7YD