LF: Re. Improving extreame weak signals.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re. Improving extreame weak signals.
From: "Laurie Mayhead" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:41:47 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Further to Riks proposals yesterday re DFCW, I should like to see more use
of this mode. Also I am sure that there is more that could be done to
improve both the speed of transmission and S/N ratio. But improved
techniques require improved capabilities
Frequency measurment accuracy,frequency stability and accurate time
synchronisation are all areas where I am up against the limits of my
equipment and indeed knowledge. Like Rik I do not really understand how the
DSP we use works,but it would seem sensible to have defined time and
frequency "slots" into which the signal could drop,so that all the available
energy could be used rather than it be spread out in timeand frequency.
If anyone with greater understanding of these issues would like to carry out
any tests I would be pleased to co-operate either with transmitting or
recieving tests.       73s  Laurie.