LF: Re: RE: Re: long haul QSO's

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RE: Re: long haul QSO's
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:19:39 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Greetings All:

A new
PIC device, the 16F628, has come along as a replacement for that old PIC
workhorse, the 16F84.   It is pin and functionaly compatible with the
16F84,
has more memory and its greatest advantage, a built in UART.  So now even
simpler serial comms becomes possible in a PIC without tying up the code
just polling or sending RS232 characters.  The 16F628 is also cheaper than
the 16F84 !

Yes, this is a wonderful device, I have been using them here for some months
now.  There are some limitations on the serial port clocking accuracy with
certrain crystal oscillator selections, the good news is that I have one
working at 19,200 using the internal 4 MHz RC oscillator.

They work especially easily with the G4JNT DDS board...

Larry
VA3LK