LF: Re: Re: EU windows of time for ZL dark paths

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: EU windows of time for ZL dark paths
From: "Vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 07:10:57 +1300
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dave G3YMC,

ZL2CA wrote (in a mail dated Dec 1 2001!):
>ZL6QH is intending to transmit for all hours of ZL darkness, using
137.7898 kHz
with a list of proposed times.

If top band is anything to go by, the tests should be continued for at
least an hour
after EU local sunrise, and similarly an hour before local sunset.  Band
conditions
usually peak well after local dawn.

In practice we will be transmitting earlier and finishing later than our
local hours of darkness.  What was not spelt out is that the continuous
transmission caters for the Americas and Asia during the times that Europe
is in full daylight.

Assuming this exercise is on QRSS, I shall not be participating myself.

It is QRSS, using DFCW,taking 10 minutes to send a Q.  We feel that the
advantage of 120 second dot length and computer accessories for receiving,
are needed to pull anything out of the noise on such long paths.

73, Bob ZL2CA