Re: LF: Re 73kHz Beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re 73kHz Beacon
From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 07:36:30 -0500
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
Rik, Laurie, et al,

Things eventually did improve last night. This was recorded from 0430 - 0545 UTC:

Argo was set for 120 sec dots, and as with the previous evening, there was some difficulty in separating successive characters on the same line. My cure in the earlier session was to use the 90 second screen, which worked fine under the better conditions. Last night, since I'd had trouble seeing anything useful on that screen, I left it at 120 seconds.

I believe Laurie said that the off-time was 40 seconds. Perhaps even 60 seconds would have made a difference. In the above case, the message was well known, and easily figured out.

I saw some fragments in the early recording that might have been from Peter, but there was no way to tell.

My wife has reminded me of a social obligation tonight. If anyone is running, I will start the recording before we leave, and hopefully can check it by 0200. The wx forecast is fine for here, but will again by stormy in the south central U.S.

John Andrews, W1TAG

JPEG image