Re: LF: DISTANCE 136 KHZ

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DISTANCE 136 KHZ
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:24:54
Sender: <[email protected]>
Do we know if 136k is licensed in Malta? I did receive partial signals from the crawley club on 136k while in Gibraltar, but the regulators there confirmed 160m was as low as their amateur allocations go. ZB2 is a non-cept country. 9H/G is not allowed, so I guess the same may be true for Malta.

From the MARL (Malta Amateur Radio League) site :
"Malta implements CEPT Recommendation TR 61-01 and no separate license is
needed if you have joined CEPT"
see http://a108.adsl.nextgen.net.mt/marl/info/licence.htm

Couldn't find wether Malta allows 136kHz operation, but in case someone is
going there it shouldn't be hard to find out via one of the MARL officials.

73, Rik