Re: LF: DISTANCE 136 KHZ

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DISTANCE 136 KHZ
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:09:26 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

[email protected] wrote:

In a message dated 11/25/01 6:59:45 PM GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

Hello
Its a pity we cannot get more acty going from Southern and Eastern EU. I
have been heard in Malta and and other locations in Southern Spain and
Eastern EU but no one seems to be getting enthusastic about transmitting
for a two way qso.

I was recently in Malta with members of my local club operating as 9H0WW in CQWW.

Do we know if 136k is licensed in Malta?
I did receive partial signals from the crawley club on 136k while in Gibraltar, but the regulators there confirmed 160m was as low as their amateur allocations go.
ZB2 is a non-cept country.  9H/G is not allowed, so I guess the same may be true for Malta.

73

David

Its a pity David you did not let some of us know that you were going. I would also have put out a signal for you and maybe worked xband. Maybe next time !!