LF: Re: Power Supply

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Power Supply
From: "Vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 07:03:13 +1300
Sender: <[email protected]>
Pete,

Hi, I am thinking of buying a new PSU, has anyone any experience with
Switch
Mode PSU's. Is there any sproggies on 137Kz? The PSU I am particularly
interested in is the Diamond GZV-2500, any advice welcome. Still just a
SWL
on VLF but that could change soon, 73 Pete G3KNU

My advice is to use linear regulated power supplies if you want to avoid
self-inflicted QRM on the lower bands.  QST had some reviews of switch mode
power supplies a few months back, and that included a wideband spectrum
analyser graphic for each one tested.  Each graphic showed that spurious
emissions are present, and increase at the lower end of the spectrum.

73, Bob