LF: Re: Power Supply

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Power Supply
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 12:25:26 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

G3KNU wrote:
Hi, I am thinking of buying a new PSU, has anyone any experience with Switch
Mode PSU's.

I am using a Farnell G24-15A, 24V 15A switcher, which is quite quiet after the
addition of a couple of decoupling caps between the outputs and case.  Another
supply
I was thinking of using was terrible on a noise basis.  I think you really need
test any psu for noise before committing yourself, and it does seem that the
more
expensive models are better.  For high power use (I am not limited by my psu!) a
switcher is more or less imperative, and there clearly are some quiet models if
you
can find them.

73s Dave G3YMC
[email protected]