Re: LF: Power Supply

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Power Supply
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 06:52:00 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 10/8/01 5:22:14 PM GMT Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

Hi, I am thinking of buying a new PSU, has anyone any experience with Switch
Mode PSU's. Is there any sproggies on 137Kz? The PSU I am particularly
interested in is the Diamond GZV-2500, any advice welcome. Still just a SWL
on VLF but that could change soon, 73 Pete G3KNU

Hello Pete.

I have the Kenwood SMPSU and that one seems OK on 136 and 73k.
Two other commercial lab supplies, one from 'Farnell' and another from Scandinavia, both have very high levels on 136k.
Maybe the latest amateur supplies work above 136k or possibly make use of quasi resonant topologies that would suppress RFI to some extent.

Anyway.....The Kenwood's OK.

David  G0MRF