LF: Re: [Lowfer] Long Wave Broadcasting

To: "Dr. Tom Gruis" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: [Lowfer] Long Wave Broadcasting
From: "M.J.Powell" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:08:16 +0100
Cc: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
In message <[email protected]>, Dr. Tom Gruis
<[email protected]> writes
Hi from Iowa, USA, EN31do

      This my seem a silly question, but I am curious.

      How is the audio quality of European LW BC stations? The bandwidth
percentage is really something on those frequencies.

      Do they have special audio processing techniques? Are they rather
"narrow" for broadcasting?

The BBC Radio 4 transmitter on LW at Droitwich uses two masts with a
triatic across the top, the vertical antenna is suspended from the
middle of this triatic. They also boost the treble to compensate for the
high 'Q' of this antenna.
Mike
--
M.J.Powell