LF: SAQ

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: SAQ
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 08:24:22 +0100
Cc: "G4BRA" <[email protected]>
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

SAQ on 17.2kHz copied 589 both sessions on my 'bit of string' untuned longwire.
Solid copy despite intermittent elecrical QRN at a similar strength (thermostat
or
similar).  However the signal was many db below GBRs enormous signal.

John Sexton wrote:
The message wasn't very interesting:

I agree.  It seems John's transcript was done with his morse copier software
rather
than by ear.  What fooled me was the proliferation of not normally used
puctuation
characters.  Perhaps it shows how inappropriate morse is for sending things
like web
site addresses, but I was particularly fooled by the + sign (I think) before
the FAX
telephone number (+46 for Sweden).  Don't think I have ever heard a + on CW
before!!

Before restarting in the afternoon, I noticed the frequency going up and
down a bit - problems with the regulator?

There was noticeable chirp on the signal at all times, especially on dashes.

SA6Q not heard on 136 but it was probably while I was out in the morning.

73s Dave G3YMC
[email protected]
[email protected]
http://www.dsergeant.btinternet.co.uk