Re: LF: SAQ

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SAQ
From: "Hans-Joachim Brandt" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 01:09:33 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Dick,

during the time when DF3LP in Kiel had been active on LF and also copied SAQ he had written on this server that SAQ sounded "like a flute". This would mean that when receiving SAQ with sufficient wide bandwidth over short distances it still should be noticeable that the generation of frequency differs from that of modern designs! I myself could not copy SAQ this time because I have been on the Ham Radio at Friedrichshafen.

73 Ha-Jo, DJ1ZB

Dick Rollema schrieb:
Dr. OM,

In an one-turn untuned screened loop with an area of 1 square metre SAQ
 produced an EMF of
0.206 microvolt. That corresponds to a field strength of 572 microvolt/metre.

Well done!

The transmitter sounds like a  very good modern one!

73, Dick, PA0SE
JO22GD
40 km South West of Amsterdam

D.W. Rollema