LF: Re: TS-950SDX : good for LF ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: TS-950SDX : good for LF ?
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 11:09:18 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Graham Phillips wrote:

Hi David / Alberto,

I did use my TS950SD on 136 kHz, although I have pensioned it off at present
with a move to the FT1000MP.  Note that it is an SD and not the latter SDX
model. I did not make any modifications to front-end filters, but after
using Dave's TS850 on our GU expedition, noticed that it was rather deaf in
comparison.  If it would be helpful, I would be pleased to blow the dust off
and check it's sensitivity on a sig-gen.
[...]

Hello Graham and David,
 thanks for your messages. Graham, you confirm my first impression, that my
previous TS850 was quite more sensitive on LF...
There is no need you measure its sensitivity, thanks anyway. What however you
could do for me, if you have time, is to check the schematic to see if there are
significative differences wrt the TS850 in the front-end filters.
I bought it second-hand, and unfortunately the schematic diagrams were missing.
My hope is that there is an attenuator, similar to that present in the 490 -
1600 kHz
band, also in the lower band. Were this the case, my soldering iron is impatient
to come into play :-)

TNX es 73 de Alberto  I2PHD