LF: RE: Re: TS-950SDX : good for LF ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Re: TS-950SDX : good for LF ?
From: "Graham Phillips" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 22:08:13 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi David / Alberto,

I did use my TS950SD on 136 kHz, although I have pensioned it off at present
with a move to the FT1000MP.  Note that it is an SD and not the latter SDX
model. I did not make any modifications to front-end filters, but after
using Dave's TS850 on our GU expedition, noticed that it was rather deaf in
comparison.  If it would be helpful, I would be pleased to blow the dust off
and check it's sensitivity on a sig-gen.

P.S.  I have recently returned from the U.S. where I re-established
communication with a ex-amateur friend who now lives near Washington, D.C.
He has a second home located between Kitty Hawk and Nags Head and I have
arranged to visit there over Christmas, 2003. I think there should be some
interesting events using the Wright Flyer at that time. So if anyone is
thinking ahead I will be available for listening skeds at that time ......

73 de Graham B. Phillips.  G3XTZ.
[email protected]