Re: LF: Transatlantic Challenge: the Canadian / Europe contacts

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Transatlantic Challenge: the Canadian / Europe contacts
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 19:40:50 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi friends,

a late comment, after a few days away from the net: That sure is good news! Since I first read about the original and ingenious ways to achieve these contacts, I had hoped for a decision like that. Congratulations to all of you!

Markus, DF6NM

John wrote:
 In these unexpected circumstances, and taking into consideration the intent
 behind setting up the Challenge that was to commemorate Peter Bobek's
 practical and fun approach to amateur radio, we have unanimously decided to
 award both contacts with special plaques to commemorate their achievements,
 that is the contact between VA3LK, G3AQC, and the contact between VE1ZZ,
 VE1ZJ and G3LDO.