LF: Transatlantic with QRP ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Transatlantic with QRP ?
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 19:40:51 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi John, Andy and group,

 How about stations in the 40mW range,   even less than Mike ?
 We do have the advantage of absolute frequency accuracy.
 Andy
> Hi all, I haven't said I have quit transatlantic testing. In > fact I would like to continue looking for stations in the 0.1 to 0.5
watt
> erp range.

Well, maybe things are not completely hopeless for us  "single-yagi" boys?

CFH's carrier was above 30dBuV/m for several hours during last week's nights. Without helium, I can radiate about 30mW, some 55dB below CFH's 10kW or -25dBuV/m in VE. This would be a T to M signal here on a very quiet day with 3s dots in 0.34Hz. Noise is certainly higher at night, but 30s dots will make up 10dB.

Right now CFH is coming up again, 32 dBuV/m at 23:40 ! Time to fire up the tx and put out a call sign on 135922.19Hz (0.2 Hz above Laurie's upper frequency).

73s de Markus, DF6NM