LF: <Tech>Re: A Question

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: <Tech>Re: A Question
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:42:09 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Alberto, LF group,

Adding an amplitude measurement capability to Argo/Spectran sounds like an excellent idea - it would enable a meaningful measurement of relative signal strengths to be made.

DL4YHF's Spectrum Lab has such a facility - I don't know how Wolf has implemented this, but the amplitude scale seems to be fixed relative to the input full scale or minumum resolution. I think this is as good a method as any - there are many different ways one might want to specify the amplitude or SNR.

I don't understand why the measured level will vary with the total input - surely provided the A/D converter is not overloaded, the signal component being displayed should only be proportional to the amplitude of that component of the input signal?

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU