LF: Re: <Tech> A Question

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: <Tech> A Question
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 14:40:40 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
 Might I suggest that
Alberto does development work, such as amplitude measurement, on Spectran,
which already has this uncalibrated facility. Having said that I find that
the improvements so far made to Argo have not compromised simplicity.

Peter, Laurie and others,

    we are in full agreement on this. The main reason for developing Argo when
Spectran did already exist was to have a program very simple to use.
If you noticed, terms like 'sampling rate',  'FFT size', etc. are totally absent
from
Argo, which uses a terminology, like sec/dot, taken from the intended usage of
the program, and not from its implementation technicalities.
And this simplicity will always be of upmost priority.

73  Alberto  I2PHD