LF: Argo - even better

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Argo - even better
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 11:20:48 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Alberto,

Once again you have made some really useful improvements to the excellent Argo (new Build 119). In particular, the frequency calibration facility is superb. I tried it on the 90s setting and found I could alter the calibration down to 0.01Hz.

I was previously setting the AF out of my IC-706 to, say, 790Hz for 137.790kHz to get direct frequency readout on Argo. The BFO is only in 10Hz steps, so I had to offset the main tuning to achieve a good readout on Argo.

Now I can select BBC 198.000kHz on VFO A, calibrate Argo, then use VFO B knowing that the frequency readout on 136kHz is accurate to better than 0.1Hz. Brilliant.

One suggestion, can we have more frequency ticks, please. When in 90s mode the screen is about 1Hz high but the ticks are no better than 1Hz. Ticks at 0.1Hz would be useful.

Thanks.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net