Re: LF: TransAtlantic QSO

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: TransAtlantic QSO
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 07:18:03 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
John:
First, my thanks to you for your part of keeping our communications with
between us on process issues and no communications on QSO issues - the
difference is important to us hi.

Hearty Congratulations to you both. Hurray! The corks are flying here.
Yes I did see your transmission. It first appeared around 22.30 and faded
out around 00.10 and nothing more seen for the rest of the night. It read
"C
O E E L KR O", with no space between the K and the R. Since I wasn't quite
sure, I left Argo running and recording and went to bed, expecting that it
would be seen again after 04.00.

First I was a bit excited so when I entered yesterdays sequence, just after
4 AM my time, I forgot to put a space on the end of the sequence so the K
and the R got jamed together.  My appology for that........

So this morning I checked the results and
there was only that bit up to midnight. Then checked the E-mails and the
rest is history.

Yes I went out and turned the TX off and set the receiver to look for LDO.
I will go and get those results in a while.

Yes I am ready tonight for BPSK, BUT I still need the ability to record
the
output. I can't stay up all night every night.
It's funny you should mention the problem with reading clocks during the
night - I suffer from exactly the same problem, hi!

You can set Bill's software to capture straight for 24 hours it will only be
a 16 to 20 Kbyte file, not like recording .WAV or what ever hi.

Well once again, Very Well Done guys! That's one in the eye for Big KEV,
hi!

Well Kev has his issues, they arehis issues, they are not mine hi.  I love
computers they make solving issues like Kev so very easy and complete.  The
GII got me for one email but I redefined the algorithm and the software
tests and now that and any variants of it are gone to that great bit bucket
at the end of the table.

John, if humanly possible I will have everything back to normal by tonight,
so start looking for BPSK, ET3, GPS Coherent.  You, and anyone else with SD
boards or a special version of Africam that support ET3 can listen starting
tonight.  Please remember that GPS Coherent will make it better but the
system works without the GPS as well.  ET3 is I think 32 bits and really
makes forward error correction work demonstrably better.

As a general policy statement, in preparation for the work I will do with
Europe and ZL/VK later this spring, all transmissions from here will be GPS
Coherent in time.  There are some dB's on the table ready to be picked up.

Larry
VA3LK