LF: Re: Re: Signalling margins and Shannon, shud we move on?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Signalling margins and Shannon, shud we move on?
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:01:13 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Gentlemen:

With the completion of the TransAtlantic QSO is it time to consider moving
on?  The RSGB reflector has been a wonderful and gracious host for the last
18 months that I have been a part of it - as we seem to be entering a new
phase is it time to move onwards, to separate graciously and with good
humour and good feelings into a European Centric focus for this reflector
and the Really Really Weak Signal (RRWS) people move off and create our
mahem in some other resource?  Would the RSGB consider hosting a RRWS
reflector?

This needs to be carefully thought through - I for one am reluctant to bring
up issues about 300 second data bits simply because I know that many of the
participants on this reflector are not even happy about 30 second visual CW
bits.  I also am not keen to get into discussions that I know full well are
making other users of the facility unhappy.

For instance I saw an email today from Steve, GW4ALG that listed many LF
users in the UK and Europe that I have never had a chance to hear, many of
them obviously aural CW users.

My question for your consideration is - should some of us move on.

My personal quest is to head for higher performance systems, slower sending,
and regular VA3 to ZL/VK and Europe communications.  I wonder who would like
to go in that direction as a specialty within the LF community.

Discussion?

Larry
VA3LK