Re: LF: 73 KHz?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 73 KHz?
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:46:20 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Dexter McIntyre W4DEX wrote:

Is anyone operating 73 KHz regularly?  Is there any slight chance that a
ham transmission on this frequency can be heard across the pond?

Hi Dexter om.
You have pinched my suggestion that I listed a few days ago. I think it
is
possible as I said in my message, surprised you missed it!!!!!!!!!!
For those with better than average antennas on LF and able to generate
around 1w erp there is a good chance. Some 73 khz operators that I have
heard are stronger with less power than they are on 136 khz but I have a
fairly large antenna although on LF it is small in comparison to the
frequency. (120 ft high) but better than the average 40 - 60 ft used by
others.
I have a tx built for 73 khz running about 1 kw to the antenna and will
be
on air as soon as I get the chance, very busy here at present and no
time
!!!!!!!!!
G3KEV

If the
signal I am seeing on 77.5 KHz is DCF77 it is Q5 during the day and very
strong at night here in North Carolina.  How can I identify DCF77?

Dexter