Re: LF: 12 /13th Jan.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 12 /13th Jan.
From: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 06:39:47 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 1/5/01 10:06:48 AM GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

<< I make it 135.673 and 135.773kHz with a lot of noise in between. Using frequencies in the 135.7 region (ie the middle of the RTTY) is a bit like Canadian stations transmitting on 137.000. Is this really a good idea? I would have thought that even the noise sidebands from SXV would be very significant compared to Eu amateurs...........

......It is really up to John, Jack and Larry to say where they prefer to listen, but the area currently in use looks really bad from this end.

Thanks for the confirmation Mike.

Like you I am concerned about transmitting within the RTTY signal.
I was looking at the images from Johan and John recorded on the 10/Sept and noticed in one from John that a wide band of noise is visible just above the QRSS. It looks like the edge of the Greek data transmission. As it's about the same signal level it would seem sensible to avoid it. (www.g0mrf.freeserve.co.uk/atlantic.htm)
From another perspective I suppose we are secondary users and although we are
a long way from SV land we are considerably closer to the Greek embassy, ships at sea etc etc.

135.780 and up may be better ( 5Hz spacing? ). Personally I'll avoid the data.

Also received Jack (T) at 00.00 on a 30ft vertical.

73

David