LF: Re: LF Tonight

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: LF Tonight
From: "Peter Dodd" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:46:53 GMT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Laurie said:

Jack VE1ZZ has been readability O since 2330 only a little static.
Still transmitting on 135.922.will stay a little longer.

Jack was also R 'O' here (at the same times as reported by Laurie) just using a G3LNP type loop couped to the receiver via a two-turn loop and 45m of coax and no amplifier (much to my surprise). The loop is set to null Loran -first time I have seen weak signals without Loran lines.

Using Argo beta 1, build 113. Argo has an AGC on/off facility; when off minimises very strong signals desensitising the soundcard. Laurie is S9+35dB with me on my transmitting antenna but I now have a receive system that can monitor strong signals yet see the very weak ones at the same time provided there is at least 500Hz of separation between the weak and strong signals.

I set the receiver to 136kHz SSB USB. Argo, on 'Full Band View'. The band from 136.0 to 137.5kHz can be seen and any signal can be selected and zoomed, a wonderful tool for monitoring. The strong signals from Laurie and Mike, below 136kHz are seen as an image folded just above 136kHz; their frequencies can be read off as minus 136kHz on the Argo frequency scale.

--
Regards, Peter, G3LDO

<[email protected]>