Re: LF: 12 /13th Jan.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 12 /13th Jan.
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 09:57:34 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
G0MRF wrote:
Can anyone confirm my rough measurement of SVX as apx. 135.671 to
135.776 The upper and lower edges of the data seem to contain more
energy and I suppose should be avoided.

I make it 135.673 and 135.773kHz with a lot of noise in between. Using frequencies in the 135.7 region (ie the middle of the RTTY) is a bit like Canadian stations transmitting on 137.000. Is this really a good idea? I would have thought that even the noise sidebands from SXV would be very significant compared to Eu amateurs.

I have attached a small JPG to illustrate this. The band edge is in the middle of the noise and the clear section is below the RTTY (HF) between 135.850 and the line which is on 136.000.

It is really up to John, Jack and Larry to say where they prefer to listen, but the area currently in use looks really bad from this end.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net
If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,