Re: LF: RE: Larry's signals last night 22/23 Jan

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Larry's signals last night 22/23 Jan
From: "john sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 05:16:52 -0800 (PST)
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Andy,
I am using my KI0LE type loop. Don't know what Dave is using.

Regarding I/Q sampling (is this the same as the old 11+ selection, hi?) and
filtering and smoothing to extract the phase, can we have a program please,
so that we can join in the fun?

There are/were more Coronal Mass Ejections on the way from the Sun, so more
disturbed conditions. It begins to look though as if we have cracked the reception problem from
great distances (VK next?) so at the time of the next Solar Minimum, long
distance LF QSOs could be the norm. Probably at dawn/dusk and during the
winter with low QRN.

I am so impressed with Argo (after some finger trouble at my end) that I
plan to try it out on Jack's signal tonight if he is still transmitting.
73, John, G4CNN

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/