Re: LF: RE: Larry's signals last night 22/23 Jan

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Larry's signals last night 22/23 Jan
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:32:28 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
G4JNT wrote:
I agree with the best times, certainly after 0700z signals rise and
noise levels fall.  In fact, most mornings I see a quite abrupt drop
in noise level a bit before 0700, well before streetlights go off. Haven't been able to identify the source of this noise change so far. Also short lived periods during the night.

My experience is that SMPSUs are noisier when the equipment is in 'standby' (can any of the clever chaps here explain?) so the decrease at 0700 could be people switching on TVs, viedo recorders etc.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net