LF: Re: More normal CW

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: More normal CW
From: "john sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 05:39:07 -0800 (PST)
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All,
In the spirit of the plea for more normal CW, I decided to get back on the
air but found tuning to be far off what it was.
On checking out the loading coil and matching transformer, I discovered that
despite all my efforts, damp had got in everywhere. At this location, this
is the first dry day for what seems like months. It has either been raining
or slushy snow everywhere.
The loading coil was double wrapped in large plastic bags and the matching
transformer inside yet another internal one and all cables and wires
thoroughly taped at point of entry with duck tape but all in vain.
Repairs are underway and should be operational again soon, but I would
appreciate advice on better waterproofing. Anyone got any good ideas?
73, John, G4CNN

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/