LF: VA3LK in CT and cat amongst pigeons

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: VA3LK in CT and cat amongst pigeons
From: "Brian Rogerson" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:24:15 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all,

Having resumed monitoring after 7 weeks of fuming frustration and mast
and antenna repairs, I was rewarded last night by a precisely on frequency
(as far as I am able to calibrate) signal from Larry.  It appeared at about
2200, peaked at 0130 and 0830 and vanished at 0930 all in utc.The pictures
are on my web pages.  A pity that the call sign did not coincide with
either of the peak periods.  My thanks to the Argo authors, this was the
first time of use.

To add to the current discussion, I find it quite strange there is an argument
at all.  I doubt if there is any activity within a radius of 500Km and not too
much within 1000Km.  The only times I have seen a possible signal on wide
band monitoring was David G0MRF on two occasions and only identified
by timing and frequency.  At the moment you could call CQ CT until the
cows come home, at any speed, in any mode but unless I know the frequency
and time an answer would seem unlikely.  This will change and if I am still
here will probably regret the change----we are all conservatives at heart.

73, Brian 73 Brian CT1DRP IN51QD 41 09 58N 08 39 11W
http://homepage.esoterica.pt/~brian