LF: RE: G3AQC and M0BMU Signals Received in Quebec?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: G3AQC and M0BMU Signals Received in Quebec?
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:46:10 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Bill et al :
Laurie's signal showed the same frequency pattern after each long break
- the excursion looks like a decaying sinusoid with two cycles of wobble
before settling down. Clearly a temperature effect as the transmitter
cycles.  If your readout accuracy is 0.05Hz, that's well within my own
measurements.

As for colours in bitmap files.
Bill, I had exactly the same problem making a .BMP dump from the 16
colour VGA screen.   You need to use the appropriate DOS interrupt to
read the palette information for the 16 colours, then store this in the
header of the .BMP file.   I can let you have the code for this (In
PowerBasic) separately.    If you don't do this, a default palette is
assumed which is correct for colours 0 to 7, but wrong for 8 to 15.
Also any redefined colours come out wrong.  Guess there may be one or
two minor advantages in Windoze software !

Andy  G4JNT

The frequency of G3AQC's signal varied from 135922.22 thru 135922.33 -
I'd say plus or minus 0.05 Hz is my calibration accuracy tonight.

The frequency of M0BMU's signal was very stable and I make it 135923.96.
I don't know why M0BMU showed up so much later than G3AQC and I don't
know why M0BMU was so much weaker here.

The images on my web page don't have the same colors as the actual screen. I'm still trying to figure out how to make a .BMP file that will reproduce the screen colors exactly when played back. My apologies for the image
problems.  I'll get it sorted eventually.

73 de Bill VE2IQ

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.