LF: G3AQC and M0BMU Signals Received in Quebec?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: G3AQC and M0BMU Signals Received in Quebec?
From: "Bill de Carle" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 02:46:10 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 11:38 PM 1/24/01 -0000, Andy wrote:
Jim's frequency is 135923.99 Hz and has remained absolutely stable to >within
the 0.01Hz readout resolution since measurement started at 1945z.
Occasionally I read it as ~.98 so the actual freq may be nearer ~.988 (ish)

Laurie, unfortunately you are drifting somewhat.   I've seen at least >0.15Hz
shift.
At 1945 it was 135922.34 and drifted to ~922.23 at 2020 where it remained
until 2100z.  Then you jumped to ~922.38, then ~2.33 at 2113z and drifted
back to ~922.25 by 2220z.  Then a similar kink later at 2240z after a break
in transmission.  The excursions usually seem to be around 0.09 Hz

Well, I think I got them both this time.

I have posted some details on my web page at

cafe.rapidus.net/bill1/bbs.htm

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and follow the link taking you
to "NIAGARA Screenshots of LF Signals".

Consistent with the above information, I saw two signals quite clearly
but for short periods only.

The first I presume to be Laurie.  That signal was drifting upwards in
frequency.  It appears at 2019z and lasts for 23 minutes or so,
disappearing at 2042z.

The second is a straight vertical line - it appears later, starting
at 2156z and ending after aboyut 31 minutes.  This one I presume is
Jim M0BMU.  The NIAGARA settings I was using don't permit viewing the
individual pulses, just let us see there is some signal there.

The frequency of G3AQC's signal varied from 135922.22 thru 135922.33 -
I'd say plus or minus 0.05 Hz is my calibration accuracy tonight.

The frequency of M0BMU's signal was very stable and I make it 135923.96.
I don't know why M0BMU showed up so much later than G3AQC and I don't
know why M0BMU was so much weaker here.

The images on my web page don't have the same colors as the actual screen.
I'm still trying to figure out how to make a .BMP file that will reproduce
the screen colors exactly when played back.  My apologies for the image
problems.  I'll get it sorted eventually.

73 de Bill VE2IQ