Re: LF: RE: 3C85 Material: Obsolete?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: 3C85 Material: Obsolete?
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 07:24:43 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 1/31/01 9:33:51 AM GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

<<  I have a problem with 3C85 toroids...it's unpossible to buy it in
Slovakia. >>

Hi All.

Having recovered from this shock......I called the distributor who confirmed that 3C85 has been discontinued.

I have a new data book and CD "in the post" ? and after a discussion of frequencies and powers it was suggested that 3C90 was the recommended replacement.

The 3F3 material identified by Johan is excellent but is not available in any usefully large sizes.

I've yet to check on the 3C90 characteristics but I was told it's available in larger toroidal formats including the 58mm 1kW size.

More later.....

73

David