Re: LF: RE: 3C85 Material: Obsolete?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: 3C85 Material: Obsolete?
From: "Hans-Joachim Brandt" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:24:32 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
In my complementary power amplifier I do not need toroids so far, but in my LF VSWR meter I am using an Amidon (Manufacturer being FairRite, USA) FT50-77 but in the base of my antenna I am employing an FT140-43 - the 43 material is also good for transformers and VSWR meters at HF. The largest size available is FT240-43, more turns may be needed compared to 3C85 toroids but it is still manageable.

73 Ha-Jo, DJ1ZB

Gasparik Richard schrieb:
Hi LF-ers...

        I have a problem with 3C85 toroids...it's unpossible to buy it in
Slovakia. But a lot of Amidon and Pramet (Czech company) toroids are
available. I think an equivalent of 3C85 is Amidon FT-xx-77 (xx is a
diameter, for examp. FT-140-77 is diameter 36,5mm). Here are a lot of Pramet
H20 toroids available for a very good price. I have also parameters of this
material, so if you have interest, I can send it to you to compare it with
3C85.

73 de Rich OM2TW