Re: LF: Looking for 2-3 Watt Linear PA for LF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Looking for 2-3 Watt Linear PA for LF
From: "Peter Dodd" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 14:01:59 GMT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Geri
Does anyone of you have a proven scheme of a small linear PA available,
that delivers about 2 or 3 Watts from 10 mW, preferably from 18 Volts
(which is the voltage used by the exciter)? I am sure a small audio
amplifier would do ...

I had a similar problem when I wanted to amplify the output of a signal generator to drive my impedance matching unit. The amplifier had to be linear to minimise harmonic content. I used a commercial car stereo amplifier from a local radio junk shop (yes we are lucky to still have one of these locally). See page 86-88 of 'The Low Frequency Experimenter's Handbook'.

--
Regards, Peter, G3LDO

<[email protected]>