Re: LF: Looking for 2-3 Watt Linear PA for LF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Looking for 2-3 Watt Linear PA for LF
From: "Brian Rogerson" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 12:52:28 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Geri,

Does anyone of you have a proven scheme of a small linear PA available,
that delivers about 2 or 3 Watts from 10 mW, preferably from 18 Volts
(which is the voltage used by the exciter)? I am sure a small audio
amplifier would do ...

I have spent months fighting the TDA2030 which is only marginally stable.

About three weeks ago I tried a LM1875, which has better bandwidth and
can be used down to a closed loop gain of 10dB.  I am now using three
(one preamp and two in a bridge circuit) to drive two of David MRF
amplifiers in parallel.  This IC is specified for +/- 24v but seems to
work quite happily on +/- 12v.

73, Brian
73 Brian     CT1DRP     IN51QD     41 09 58N  08 39 11W
http://homepage.esoterica.pt/~brian