LF: RE: Looking for 2-3 Watt Linear PA for LF

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Looking for 2-3 Watt Linear PA for LF
From: "Gasparik Richard" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 12:28:55 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Geri...

Look on my web site http://www.qsl.net/om2tw in Technical project page (in
main menu on the left side).
Best regards...

73 de Rich OM2TW

-----Original Message-----
From:   Holger 'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW [SMTP:[email protected]]
Sent:   5. december 2000 11:41
To:     INTERNET:[email protected]
Subject:        LF: Looking for 2-3 Watt Linear PA for LF

Dear LF enthusiast,

nice to see that the reflector is back on again!

We had a nice Dutch/German LF meeting during the Dortmund rally last
Saturday, consisting of Wil, PA0BWL, Wolf, DL4YHF (the operator of DF0WD),
Ruediger, DK6JL, Hellmuth, DF7VX (the VHF/UHF manager of the DARC ...) and
myself.

On the fleemarket I got hold of an SSB exciter made by Hagenuk, called
EX-1001. This exciter delivers CW/LSB/USB from 0.1 to 30 MHz in 100 Hz
steps, so it is the ideal unit for BPSK/PSK31/HELL/FAX and similar
experiments on LF that require linear modulation.

The unit is supposed to deliver about 100 mW (7  Volts peak-to-peak@50
Ohm)
from 400 kHz onwards, on 136 kHz unfortunately it is only 1 Volt
peak-to-peak@50 Ohm, representing about 10 mW, not sufficient to drive the
G0MRF-PA.

Does anyone of you have a proven scheme of a small linear PA available,
that delivers about 2 or 3 Watts from 10 mW, preferably from 18 Volts
(which is the voltage used by the exciter)? I am sure a small audio
amplifier would do ...

Thank you very much, best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)