LF: Re: LF keep cool

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: LF keep cool
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 12:22:37 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Some of us don't have such large antennas as you, Peter.  For 1 Watt ERP
I would need approx 4kW RF. Anyone got any cheap 3 phase 500V bridge rectifiers ?

The Litz wire around surplus now will do a better job at keeping cool
than copper tube at these frequencies.

Andy  G4JNT

With a transmitter running 900watts I can get 1watt erp even with my 'bit of wet string' so there is no need to run more power. To get 1watt erp I have to obtain 4.5amps antenna current with my antenna. The coil is wound with 1.5mm Litz wire (2.5mm including plastic insulation) with an RF resistance of approximately 5ohms and will dissipate around 100 watts during key-down periods.

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.