Re: LF: Hamble School of Yachting.htm

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Hamble School of Yachting.htm
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:45:44 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 12/21/00 2:23:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

<< I am surprised that anyone had problems with Netscape. >>

I'm not. As a webmaster who tries to keep our pages as widely readable as possible, I've been trying to write them in strict accord with HTML 3.2 and 4 standards, but I keep finding Netscape to be less and less compliant with those standards. My first thought when the AOL e-mail client presented me with the raw HMTL code, and then when Martin wrote that the mail went everywhere except where it was intended, was that a worm may be at work in the ActiveX control. This still may be true, or it may simply be an incompatibility with Netscape. Either way, Martin, you may want to have someone with good antivirus tools and extensive knowledge of Netscape to check it out.

As for this reflector, I encourage the powers that be to implement a filter to remove HTML code from posts. We had to do that on the LWCA Longwave Message Board, particularly because it's open to everyone. It has saved a lot of headaches.

73,
John