Re: LF: Hamble School of Yachting.htm

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Hamble School of Yachting.htm
From: "Martin M5CIX" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 19:17:02 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear All

Apologies again for the inadvertent post.  The file contained a html file
with a flash projector file.  It is now residing in its proper location
www.fastnet2001.co.uk where it was meant to go in the first place. I am
surprised that anyone had problems with Netscape.

Anyone for 136 maritime mobile?

Regards

Martin M5CIX

From Dave G3YMC

John Sexton wrote:
>This was a .htm file which killed Netscape stone dead.
>Better not to post .htm files.
>John, G4CNN

Yes, I don't know what was in that file, but it corrupted my Netscape .ini
files
as well (even when I opened it with Outlook Express) and I have had to set
them
all up again (first time in two years!!).  There was also an active X
script in
the file, which with my settings in OE it told me was unsafe and refused
to run
it, however it now seems there was an HTML bit which opened in Netscape
(my
default HTML reader). I THINK nothing else has has been damaged...

Motto - send plain text mails on the reflector unless you really do need
to send
in HTML.

Apologies accepted Martin, I know you didn't mean to send it on here
anyway!

Happy Christmas..

Cheers Dave G3YMC
[email protected]